Wednesday 1 December 2010

TH12TOC - day one :D

Yesterday saw the start of Tims 12 tags of Christmas so I thoughtI would have a go for my Bubbly Scrumptious project this week :D

Now I know its defo not in the league of Tims stunning creation .....

I didn't have most of the items but as Tim himself says the idea is just to give you the inspiration to create your own work.

I started by using the TH alterations sizzix embossing folder set with the snowflakes and snowman, and ran my tag through the snowflake option.

I inked my tag with weathered wood and stormy sky distress inkpad then spritzed lightly with water to give a speckled effect.

I then smeared on rock candy stickles all over then when dry highlighted the debossed snowflakes with frosted lace stickles.

My fence was a torn piece of corrugaeted card painted with pearl paint dabber, covered in glossy accents and sprinkled with Martha Stewart glitter.

My house was cut freehand from two pieces of chipboard in a very random fashion.

I inked the body of the house with Rusty hinge then embossed with Rusty Hinge distress powder.

The roof was inked with stormy sky then embossed with Soot Black distress powder, then highlighted a little with the pearl paint dabber.

I highlighted the snowy areas with glossy accents and added the Martha Stewart glitter then when dry added frosted lace stickles.

The trees stapled on I bought online and are meant to be used as cake decorations.

I then stamped the TH stamp Christmas Miracle on to a piece of scrap cardstock in black archival ink. I cut out the word "believe" and the little calendar page then inked with antique linen, barn door and forest moss distress inkpads.

The word "believe was stapled to the edge and the little calendar was attached with a memo pin.

The last thing I did was highlight a few edges with the pearl paint dabber and added a piece of lace to the tag hole.

Its not as pretty or as technical as Tims, but I'm happy with it :D

Hugs'n'snogs,

Julie xx

P.S. I have just spotted a link to some fabby Christmas tickets to print if like me you don't have Tims stamp HERE

P.P.S if you have a go why not share your creations on ArtyJens splinter group HERE :D

10 comments:

  1. I'm loving your take on tims tag, especially the ickle tree, get yourself over to ArtyJens blog and join the splinter group where everyone is sharing there timmy tags x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!...it's your own creation and that's fab:) Looks very folksy...that's good
    xoxo Sioux
    Thanks for linking...hope we can share the fun another day

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good, I love the fence.

    Cathx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant creation! Love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your fabulous house tag! You have added such creative touches - the distressed roof, the fun tree, the December signpost - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! I love your take on Tim's tag, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww this is so cute, love the way you have improvised, this was such a hard tag to start with , I am hoping they get just a teeniest bit easier lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation. Really loving that hand cut house which looks fab in those colours. Very creative tag!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your creation, just brilliant. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm luvin' your ink-spiration, we could have so much fun together! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx