Sunday 12 December 2010

TH12TOC - day twelve :D

Its the final day and I feel so sad that this is the last tag :(

T!ms tag today features his movers and shapers sizzix dies, which I have been looking at for a while, but wasn't sure how to use.
If your the same check out his post today as the video tutorials are excellent and really put it all in to place for me ..............my wish list is now groaning under the weight LOL

Well, today was hard work!!!
Guess what.............no dies LOL but you already knew that :D

So I happened upon some grungeboard sheets I had forgotten I had bought when I was tidying last night so I decided to hand cut the bauble :D
I drew myself a template and then drew it on to the grungeboard, the cut it out with a combo of my craft knife and my tonic scissors - was pretty pleasedwith myself at this point :D
So I decided to stick with my muted colour tones and cut a tag from a piece of Websters pages paper. and inked it in bundled sage and broken china DI.
I addedbuttons to the bottom and lace down the side and added distress stickles in bundled sage and rock candy.

So back to the bauble!!!
It started as a disaster, continued as a disaster for a few attempts but I recovered it in the end:D

I inked it with the broken china ink and edged it with walnut stain and added the crackle as per T!ms instructions - I used the grainy textured side by accident when I cut out my bauble and it looked horrible and didn't crackle properly.

So what to do?

I covered it with my trusty pearl paint dabber and dried it, sanded it back a bit and tried inking with the DI - of course you couldn't see them so I dried it off and got my alcohol inks out - they work lovely on grungeboard when it has been painted with a metallic acrylic - pearl works fabby as its nice and white which is why I bought it after seeing T!m demo in Feb :D

So I dabbed on Willow and stonewash ink and added more crackle glaze. when dry I highlighted with a bit more ink and some rock candy stickles.
I didn't like how it was looking so I decided to back my cut out word with paper and glossy accents the whole thing - disaster!!!
It looked awful!!

Next step - back to the craft knife and I cut all the GA and paper away from the word and sharpened up the edges. It took awhile and my finger is now sore from pressing down but it looks much better :D
I stuck it on to my tag and added a sticker with a little crystal headed pin, and added fibres to finish off.

I really love how some of my tags work together but a bit disappointed that I didn't do them all in the same colour tones.
So when I get chance Iam going to re-do some of them so I have a matching set :D

Well thats it for this year :(

Its the first time I have played and still can't believe that this time last year I only owned three distress inks and had no idea how to use them LOL :D

Wait until I see T!im again in Feb, and see how much it costs me next year LOL

So whats on my wish list???

More sizzix dies and embossing folders including movers and shapers and base plates
A tint attacher - wanted one for ages :D
An I-top brad maker and the bits to go with it (T!m used one on last years tag)
Lots more stamps,
Facets
More tissue tape
The remaining DI I haven't got yet
The distress stickles I haven't got yet either

I could go on forever LOL

If anybody happens to bump in to Santa please remind him I have been a good girl this year (as always ;-D )

Thank you to everyone for your kind words regarding my tags and for your concerns over my health - I'm still not well, and have a feeling I may be back at the docs tomorrow for more antibiotics :(


Hugs'n'snogs,
Julie xx

24 comments:

  1. Ho, your wish list is as long as mine! Love your tag, I cut mine from grungepaper as I didn't think my knife would cope with board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow well done on the handcutting...and i'm with you on the wish list...i'll tell santa you've been good if you'll put in a word for me too! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, after your disasters the Tag turned out beautifully! We'd never had known. I'm sad too, I'll be having withdrawals at 8 a.m. tomorrow! :)
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay,when I first saw this tag, I thought it was stunning. Then I found out that you did it all by hand - I nearly fell out of my chair! You are fabulously talented - this is so gorgeous, and we never would have known it was ever anything less. I'll stop feeling sorry for myself now, just cuz I don't have the dies, and. get to work, LOL!!! TFS your story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Julie your designed bauble is sensational, how clever is that, brill work. We all need to win the lottery to get these products but its been a great creative adventure and you have finished on a winner. Take care, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning version of Tim's tag! Love the button border! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it might have caused you a hiccup or two but this tag is fantastic, loving the soft shabby-chic look you have achieved, thankyou for sharing all you lovely tags with us xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Despite the bauble "issues" this is another beautiful tag...I look forward to seeing your set completed in matching colour tones.

    ((((Hugs)))) and get well wishes.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's ended on a high for you with this stunning tag, even more so because of the hicups during its creation ha ha ha. It all worked brilliantly in the end though eh? I still have 4 to go yet, wonder if I will get them done? x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you hand cut the ornament?! Its fantastic! I thought about doing that for all of 2 seconds then dismissed it as a crazy idea. Your tag shows me that perhaps I should have gone with it though. Beautiful tag and beautiful colours again, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what alot of work for your bauble! But worth it as you have a stunning tag.

    I had similar problems - will post tomorrow!

    Lovely to have met up with you during these last 12 days. However, I shall be popping by to see what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had the die but not the word cut outs. The 2 I attempted to hand cut the words on are in the trash so I salute you for a difficult job well done! I love your colors and the buttons and lace. Hasn't this been fun. Thanks for your comments. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tag - loving those buttons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tag, and love the list, I hope Santa reads your blog and can get you some in time for Christmas :) Happy Christmas too

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh hun this is just gorgoues,I have just loved seeing,your 12 tags they have been so creative and your detail has been first class hun love hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Julie, your tag is so lovely.
    What beautiful soft, vintage colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely take on this tag! Appreciate all of the "how I did it".. Thanks for being generous enough with your time to visit my blog and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Julie, What a time you had doing this one. The end result is Stunning though! If I see santa I'll be sure and let him know! You deserve everything on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. See you've gone out in style, love the colours and those buttons really set it all off :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. what????
    Are you serious??
    OMG.....
    Thanks for letting me know!!!
    Whooohoooo

    thanks really!

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for playing along with the Artistic Stampers team blog christmas challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx