Tuesday 7 December 2010

TH12TOC - day six :D

Well this little baby caused me a few problems LOL :D
This is TimsWell I didn't have the embossing folder, die or the stamps but I did have some ntissue tape - but not the right one LOL
so heres
it turned out really dark so I decided to try reverse painting and lifted the colour off with a waterbrush. then painted in little trees with a colour lifted off a DI inkpad.
By this time there was no sign of my stamping and the snowman was very dark!!
I decided to coverhim with pearl paint dabber androck candy stickles..
I the decided to spritz with a pearl spritz - but its a bit heavier than planned LOL :D
I stapledsome lace on and my snowflake was covered in pearl paint, 3 layers of utee, rock candy stickles and a bit of bling.

Attempt two

I kept my colours a bit lighter this time but still couldn't see my stamping after I had inked the tag so I stamped over it LOL
paint dabbered the snowman again andadded dabs of it to the tag.
I attempted the swag but you can't really see it becausemy plaque is a bit larger than I thought LOL
I gave up at this point and decided I would do the technique required for The Compendium of Curiosities challenge on Studio L3
So I rock candied the plaque as per page 47 ;-)

So I give up T!m - well at least for now LOL

Hugs'n'snogs,
Julie xx

14 comments:

  1. Lovely tags Julie...and it looks like the 'sticky' post worked.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that monotone look it has a mystical effect. Smashing tag. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tags the both of them, but i like your 1st effort best :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tags. You have really captured with wintry feel.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? Don't give up, I love to see how you interpret his stuff. Who cares if you've got the supplies or not - you are very creative, do it! I participate in one russian blog which rounds up all the tags made by russian papercrafters - mostly they are people with NONE of the Tim Holtz's supplies. If you want to see how they interpret his tags here is a link http://narisuem.blogspot.com/ You can just take a look at pics and may be get inspired enough to go on.
    Ksenia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think both tsgs are great! The first is a bit darker, but looks like a night time snowman! And the second a daytime one! Great job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well well well; you may have given up but I think they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this was worth all the hard work - turned out so beautiful - love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the monotone look of these...fab ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous collage elements! Beautiful tags.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your 2nd one :-) S x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really lovely tag Julie. Love all the different things you did here.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia, I love what you did with this tag-- both versions, in fact! The road might have been long, but you ended up in a really great place, and the misty, sparkly look you achieved is gorgeous! The Rock Candy looks fabulous, and the "Believe" plaque is the perfect touch.

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and that Santa brings you lots of great, crafty toys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, I realized after I posted that I called you "Julia!" Me and my typos are becoming legendary. I'm sorry about that. I KNOW you're Julie-- my fingers just didn't connect. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx