Tuesday 7 December 2010

TH12TOC - day seven ....

....of the improvisations LOL :D
Well when I looked at todays tag I thought - hmmm thats not so hard - ok I don't have everything but I can give it a go - I think thats teh name of the game really LOL

Ok so heres my effort for today....


Well I couldn't find my sticky canvas and I forgot to stick my petals to grungeboard, so that was a good start LOL
I made my own spray mists with DIR in barn door and fired brick to colour the petals.I gave them a quick spritz with mica spary in white and added some fired brick distress stickles.
I glued them all down then added the leaves and twiggy bits from a bought poinsetta spray.

I don't have the woodgrain texture folder but liked the idea of using the bingo one and positioning the 25 in a convenient place ;-) ....see that was a strategic move, not a happy accident LOL

I coloured the tag allover with antique lined, highlighted the numbers with walnut stain and inked the edges with barn door.
I highlighted the 25 with the red ink and stuck a frahment over it with glossy accents.

My letters have a shiney surface so I spritzed them with the left over misters and dried with my heatgun then added glossy accents.

I have to say that flower was pretty tricky - but I think it was my own fauly for not doing it properly LOL

I t wasn't my fave tag to begin with but I'm quite pleased at how it turned out :D

Well lets see what challenges tomorrow brings :D

While I was blog hopping earlier I came accross a comment of wonderful it was to work on a project that so many other were working on at the same time - I agree :D
And I also think it must be pretty wonderful to be as talented and powerful as T!m.... who hasn't got a wish list as long as their arm yet????? LOL

Hugs'n'still snotty snogs,
Julie xx

13 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous Tag Julie, and your flower looks great. Love how you highlighted the 25 on the Bingo background!
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so enjoying your arty adventures because you are having such a load of fun. Looks fab on the bingo card and great strategic planning for number 25...brill. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful tag, love the addition of the Bingo folder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with your version of Tim's tag - I think the bingo card works very well.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see variety, and this is no exception! I love the bingo background, it really works well. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Julie, I am so happy I misunderstood your last post and you are not dropping out. Awesome tag and it really was a smart move to use bingo card and highlight 25 there. I'd never think about it this way (one more creative use of bingo cards into my list of techniques). Awesome tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooo this is yummy - love the background you chose and your flower turned out fabulous TFS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bingo background... perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the Bingo background is great. Fab Tag S x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tag Julie and that bingo background looks fabulous.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tag. Really festive. The bingo card works brilliantly. Love the shiny letters.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing at the splinter group :)
    Sorry it's taken me a while to get here but I'm working my way through all these gorgeous tags bit by bit! ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx