Saturday 4 December 2010

Ruffle your feathers....


This is one of my pieces for the Scrolls Work stamps design team.
I stamped Small ruffled feathers (#4074) on to a piece of fibre paper with black archival ink and coloured in with promarkers very lightly then highlighted with sakura glitter pen.
I glued this on to a domino with a glue stick and cut round with a craft knife. I sanded the edges with an emery board then inked with black acrhival ink.
I pressed it down in my versamark ink pad then coated in utee and heated. While hot I sprinkled on more utee and heated again and repeated this until I had a nice thick glaze.
While hot I pressed in the stamp and left to cool.
When cooled I removed the stamp then heated the face area until it was smooth again.
Next I coloured a piece of grunge paper with vive decor inka gold in platinum then stamped in the black ink with Wings -2 (#2502).
I pressed this in to the versamark and coated in utee giving it two coats.
Again while hot I pressed the stamp in to the utee to create texture.
When cold I craked the glaze by getly bending then glued the wings on to the back of the domino with Crafters pick - The Ultimate glue from Happy Daze.

Next I bent a flat filigree charm gently against the bottom of the domino nad glue on. When dry I added charms and beads.

lastly I added a glue on bail ready to hang on a chain or even on a keyring or bag charm.

Hope you like it,
Hugs'n'snogs,
Julie xx

5 comments:

  1. It's stunning Julia, & really inspiring! Off to find my domino stash!
    alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow my brain hurts just reading about how you made her! Well worth the effort though, she's stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia its totally gorgeous am just going to have to treat myself to these bamboo dominos. Annette x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx