Wednesday 8 December 2010

TH12TOC - day eight ....

Woop, wooop, woooooooppppp - I had the mask today :D
Ok I didn't have the other elements, but the mask is the essence of todays tag :D

It was all going so well..... I decided to add the little extra sections so that my sledge was more detailed and was feeling really clever with myself for thinking about brayering it down so it was completely stuck............. but I forgot the masking tape!!!
I remembered funnily enough right after I started swirling on my red ink - doh!!!! nice big corner on my tag!!! oh well,never mind I thought - I will either cover it when I ink or cut it off.

So I get my masking tape out - job done :D
finished all my stamping and come to remove it - oh oh............it ripped the top surface off part of my tag :(

Do I start again??? Ithought about it but naaaahhh.... I stuck it back down with a little bit of GA smoothed on with my finger :D

So on to the next part where you swap tha masks - no probs, all lined up nicely and I
cut a circle from eclipse tape to make a nice big moon.

When I finished my inking I removed the circle and used the piece I had cut it from to mask my inkey tag........see, I took it all in T!m ;-)
I gave it a nice bit of splodging with my paint dabber and added some rock candy stickles.

I didn't have the hardware but the tag I had cut out was smaller than T!ms anyway so I decided against trying to improvise as there isn't enough space.
I just added some more rock candy to the sky, cut out some roof tops from chipboard, did the cotton bud smoke like on day one (which I missed off LOL) and added some fibres to finish.

I really like this tag :D
and as the great man himself says ............."Enjoy the journey"

Hugs'n'snogs,
Julie xx

18 comments:

  1. wow fabby tag Julie and thank you for sharing the journey...brill. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this turned out brilliant hon, your inking and masking are fab thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job Julie....I am really enjoying reading Tims posts this year and following yours next!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...Fantastic job.
    You luck that you have supplies...I Don't, none for these tags (except distress ink)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing really well with all these - fab tag Julie.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it's fabulous, just love the sledge. It looks brilliant with the moon behaind it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely tag, like the moon behind the sledge and the masking technique is great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag, love you sledge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous Tag, and we would never have known about your mishaps by looking at it. I really enjoyed the double masking today, and your moon really finishes it off.
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another super tag Julie, love the houses and there smoke :D x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh hun this turned out wonderfully well I have nothing of tims,today so still racking my brains,as what to do,not that i have any he he but just love your take on it hun hugs cheryl xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tag - it came out great. Thanks for sharing all your ups and downs! Love the moon behind the sledge - what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tag is awesome. thanks a lot for your comment in my blog.
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant tag Julie, the moon looks great! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is my favourite :-) Love it S x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really fabulous tag Julie. Still catching up here.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely take on tag number eight. Love the stamping in the mask area, the moon and the colouring, Really atmospheric.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx