Saturday 11 December 2010

TH12TOC - day eleven ....


I can't believe there is only one day left!!!!
Well todays tag involved making your own stamps from TH alterations sizzix dies.
I don't have any of the on the edge dies and already have stamps of the ones I have LOL
I didn't want to use my Snowman die again as it was just going to look too samey as yesterdays.

So I remembered about my Christmas set of Fancy Pants stamps which hardly ever get used appart from the occassional snowflake!!!

So I stamped on to a piece of Websters pages paper with a snowflake border and versamark ink and embossed with clear fine detail embossing powder.
I then inked over it with bundled sage and broken china DI, distressed my edges and inked them lightly with walnut stain.

I had to handcut a tree out of a piece of chipboard, then inked it with my bundled sage.
I used my pearl paint dabber to create a snow effect on it then gave it a quick spritz with white mica mist.
I used a piece of twine from a clothing tag I had saved and tied it around the base of the tree.

When I placed my tree on my tag I realised that it was a bit small and looked lost on my tag so I added the word stamp (again from the FP set) in olive archival ink and added buttons with glossy accents.

I added some fibres and a tag I had already made with my dichroic glass technique, then pinned on a snowflake charm.

I kinda like it and it goes really well with the other websters page tag I made :D

So I decided to link this to the Simon says stamp and show blog challenge this week which is .............show a holiday greeting :D and what a cute greeting it is :D

So what will T!m, Lord of the Tags have in store for us tomorrow???
I have a feeling it might be a alcohol ink technique as we haven't used them much so far............whats your guess???

Wow, its nearly over :(
Hope you all stay in touch :D

Hugs'n'snogs,
Julie xx

22 comments:

  1. This turned out beautiful, I love it, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful tag Julie...your colour choices have been so "you" - they look lovely.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kinda like it???? it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful interpretation of the challenge Julie. Love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Julie, this one's absolutely lovely, i love the soft colouring and added bling at the top, just perfect :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie,
    this one's absolutely lovely
    I hope that your health is good now:)
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's altogether fabulous Julie! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this tag. The colours are beautiful and the dichroic glass technique tag combined with the snowflake charm really finishes it off. I LOVE the fact it is unique! As to what tomorrow might bring?????? Your guess is as good as mine. I just hope it's a quick tag as I have not done todays yet, plus I missed the first 2, so I'm gonna be busy. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you did this tag, it has a gorgeous vintage look

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Tag again, love the soft colours. I can't believe there's only one left!! :(
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie this is just delightful - I love the subtle colouring, the handmade tree, the baubles, in fact I love the whole tag TFS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous tag, love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous tag! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love how yours turned out - much more my style than Tim's was. I have those Fancy Pants stamps and they are awesome! Oh, and that dichroic glass piece is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should love it. Its wonderful. I love the colors. Your glass piece is awesome. Do you have a tutorial for that? See you on the last day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow thank you for the tutorial. What a gift that you had one! Your glass examples are beautiful. I don't have that paint (yet) but when I do I want to try it. See you later for day 12!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So vry pretty! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowwwie thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge BLog with your pretty tag.....thank you....Hugs Terryxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's great, love the colours you've used. You've been very busy, I'm a bit behind, but hopefully I'll catch up until Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx