Friday 3 December 2010

I believe in Santa.......do you???

This is a little shadow box that Moira from Happy Daze sent me to play with awhile ago, which has a nice smooth surface perfect for stamping and inking.
Through out I used the gorgeous Scrolls Work stamps :D

I started by dabbing on Ranger paint dabber in pearl on to the Sheet music stamp and stamped all over the outside of the box.
I then inked the whole box with Bundled Sage and Forest Moss distress ink pads and a Ranger blending tool making the edges darker.
I then randomly stamped Pinecones (#8057) in olive archival ink over the lid.
I stamped Holly (#8050) on to a piece of scrap card stock twice with the archival ink.
The first image I cut the main image away from the circle border the coloured by lifting colour from my distress inkpads with a waterbrush pen - it give a lovely water coloured effect.
When dry I added the red stickles to the berries.
I stuck here dire3ctly to the lid of my box using the ultimate glue.
Next I cut the banner sections taking more off the second one to create a decoupage effect I inked them then layered with 3d foam and stuck to the lid of my box.

I painted the inside with Viva decor Inka Gold in green lava watered down a little with my water brush.
I used a little to highlight the edges of the box too and to cover the areas I couldn't get my ink in to.

I then stamped my sheet music stamp again in the archival ink on ascrap piece of paper which I tore to the size needed to fit in the box. I inked it with antique linen distress ink and stuck to the back of the inside box.
I glued a bunch of florist holly and berries in the corner with the ultimate glue and added a little battery operated tea light behind the stamped girl.

It makes a very pretty ornament with the light flickering away :D
Hope you like it,
hugs'n'snogs,
Julie xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie, love your box and such a great focal stamp, love this. The Ultimate Glu is totally fab. I won one of these from Moira and its brill. Love your new tag below as well.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx