Saturday 12 March 2011

Steampunk genius............

.....using Scrolls Work stamps :D
Well it was time for something a little bit different and here it is :D
I bought some fabby blank russian doll money boxes at a local bargain shop and decided to steampunk this one up :D

I think he is way cool :DI painted the money box with acrylic paint then spritzed with cosmic shimmer.
I stamped the cog images on to masking tape and inked with distress inks.
When dry I tore sections and randonly applied them to the money box.

The larger images were stamped on to fibre paper then glued on with glossy accents.
I layered up the images until I was happy with it and highlighted areas with a gold pen.
I used Glossy accents to create raised glass like highlights to parts of the images
I stamped the light bulbs on to white shrink plastic remembering to punch a hole before shrinking. I then threaded them on to some brown wire and twisted until I made a thought cloud.

I attached it by threading it through the coin slot and taking it out through the hole in the bottom several times.
I added chains with glossy accents and joined it up with the wire
I think he is soooo fun :D

I used the followng stamps, most of which are available from Happy Daze in the uk.

#9013 Goggles
#4079 Jules Verne
#9109 Dictaphone
#9100 Sprocket
#9102 Cog
#9101 Gear
#9104 Guage
#9105 lightbulb
#4077 George

Most of these are also available on a plate direct from Scrolls Work HERE

And as a little bonus you can save 15% until 12/3/11 :D


I forgot to share these with you last week!!!
I bought some resin to play with and already had some cake decorating silicone moulds - you did see the little wren on my shades of blue project for Moiras bi-weekly Facebook challenge HERE but this is how they started :D


and home made facets :D although if I had thought I wouldn't have bought this mould, I would have made my own with mould and pour and the many gems I already have LOL.......oh well - I might have different shapes I can play with :D


Thats it for now - I'm hopefully going to see the pup with no name later so will share pics with you when I can :D

Hugs'n'squishy snogs,
Julie xx

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, lots of work in that money box - and it looks like you've been having a good old play with other stuff too.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx