Sunday 6 March 2011

I guess that's why they call it the blues...........

Moira has started a bi-weekly challenge over on the Happy Daze FACEBOOK PAGE and the first theme is called Shades of Blue.

This is my interpretation using Memory glass and my new resin embellies :D
How cute is my little birdie and the feather???
I bought the cake decorating moulds from ebay but its also fun to make your own with Ranger pour and mould :D

I started by stamping a Prima mini stamp in versamark on to frosted memory glass and embossed with detail clear embossing powder.
I the coloured a piece of clear memory glass with a selection of blue alcohol inks dabbed on randomly.

I stamped a piece of card with Birds of a Feather by Artistic Outpost in black ink, then coloured with vintage photo distress ink around the edges.

I sandwiched it all together and sealed it with aluminium memory foil.

My resin shapes were coloured with the alcohol inks and glued in with glossy accents and highlighted with inka gold in Cobalt blue., which I then applied with a brush to the memory foil.

I finished off with a few splodges of Distress stickles in faded jeans.

So as Elton says ......I guess that's why they call it the blues ............
:D

Hugs'n'snogs,
Julie

5 comments:

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx