Wednesday 30 September 2009

Turn your trash in to stash


I have been working on this one and off for a few days because I haven't been very well and haven't got too much patience at the min LOL

I saw this idea on the Craft Fairy blog of die cutting drinks cans to use on your cards LO's
So I set about this project :D
I cut the top and bottom off the can first then carefully cut down the side to open it up. You have to be really carefull as its very sharp!!!
I then die cut them in my Big Shot with a sizzix original die (I don't think sizzlets would cope to be honest but cuttlebug might as they are a bit stronger) then embossed them with cuttlebug embossing folders.
I painted them with acrylic paint and wiped some of the paint off as it was drying, then tinted the edges with butterscotch alcohol ink.

The brads in the centres were covered with fabric from a cushion cover I bought in Dunelm Mill for the lace around the edge.

I made the fabric roses by folding a strip of fabric down the middle and sewing along one side and the long edge roughly. I turned this right side out and then gathered the stitched edge up. I then folded it round until it sort of resembled a flower and stitched it in place. Then I ironed with a hot iron to flatten them down a bit - does all that make sense???

The lace flowers were made by sewing the long edge of a small strip and gathering up.

I used a piece of BG boxer paper as the base and distressed it a little and a piece of Prima paper which I will have to check the name of -its IOD I know that much LOL
I printed some vintage images I found on google and added one to my Melissa Frances frame ( I luurrrvvve these little frames :D) and then covered it with Ranger crackle accents (not dried yet though LOL)
Added some brads, a prima pebble, Tim Holtz ornate frame and 7 gypsies ribbon ,oh and a lovely pic of my grandma printed on canvas :D

Hope you like it :D

Hugs'n' trashy snogs

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx