Wednesday 31 March 2010

Last call.....

.... for entries for Rebekahs blog hop prize which is a lovely setof Basic Grey stamps!!!
You have untilmidnight tonight to either leave a comment on the linked post or post a link to your work inspired by my project :D

Good luck everyone :D

Now here's a little something for a friend of mine at work who has gone through a particularly rough year and needs chearing up :D

Its another altered domino which she can either be put on a cord ( through the bead stuck on the top) and wear as a necklace or wear as a brooch as I have attached a pin to the back too :D








ok heres a rough idea of how I did it :D

I glued a bead on the top firstly, then cut a piece of handmade thin type paper (my friend suggested tissue paper but I didn't have any) roughly to the size of the domino.
Stick the paper to the domino with pva or glossy accents then trim the edges with a craft knife, you can sand it too if you want to soften the edges :D

I then stamped the image and coloured in using a waterbrush and my distress inkpads. Added some gold perfect pearls as highlights, and inked the edges.

I then sponged alcohol inks on the back of the domino, the edges and the silver bead in a mix of brown and gold.
Next I squidged it on my versamark pad and then coated in utee.
I melted the utee with my heat gun, and sprinkled in glitter and left over bits of my coloured utee, and added another layer of utee.
I heated it again and added the charms and the jump rings while hot, then sprinkled over more utee to seal them.
Smeared a little bit of distress stickles on to highlight areas.
Then added charms to the jump rings and a TH swivel clasp.
The wing is an earring I bought in poundland that I grunged up with distress embossing powder, stickles and ink as it was bright shiney gold.


Hmmmmm not sure I want to give it away now LOL

Hugs'n' snowy snogs,
Julie xx

5 comments:

  1. Thats one amazing altered domino...and one lucky friend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, sure it would cheer her up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift for your friend, its sure to be a treasured piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pin/necklace - I'm sure she will love it, can't believe it started life as a domino!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx