Wednesday 3 March 2010

Christening canvas


This is my present for my gorgeous great nephew Reece who is being christened today :D
Its based on one of my LO's my niece spotted of him on Facebook and loved LOL


How gorgeous is the sparkle on the Rock Candy Stickles I used on the pic above - frayed burlap distress stickle on the photo itself :D

I painted the canvas with cashmere acrylic paint then inked the edges with Frayed Burlap distress ink, I used Rock Candy distress crackle paint on the corners but it didn't really have much effect on the canvas.

I stamped the Fancy Pants design with the Frayed burlap too, then used the same ink and broken china on the Prima paintable paper.
I used my distresser on the edges and inked those too.

The photo mat is coredinations cardstock which I sanded back and inked.
Added lots of primas and some braid and grunged with ink and frayed burlap distress stickles.
I ripped a piece of pizza box for the title mat and tore offmostof the top layer, then inked.
My chipboard alpha was white so I inked that too and added a little bit of pearl paint dabber and distress stickles.

Found a couple of nice things for you to play with :D

Look at the fabby new online catalogue from PaperArtsy :o how lush are all of those stamps :D

I have also discovered these fab free vintage downloads on the Craft Stamper website:D


Hugs'n'snogs,
J xx

11 comments:

  1. Really, really, REALLY excellent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous canvas for a gorgeous little guy. Hope your niece loved it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely gorgeous, beautiful.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous - and I think will be received very well by the parents. I certainly would cherish it if it was given to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very cute...love it...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fab Julie. I have bought a couple of canvases. Maybe its time I got them out and did something with them

    Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ...that is stunning ....and he is too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous....no wonder she wanted one for herself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - what a beautiful canvas...love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx