Thursday 7 April 2011

Pink Parisian chic



I got this gorgeous wooden house from Caroline a couple of week ago an unfortunately (I think LOL) they have sold out at the moment :( Such a pity because I really want some more now LOL :D

I started by painting the whole think with white gesso and leaving it to dry thoroughly.

I gave it two coats of pink acrylic paint using a foam brush to get in to all the little tight corners.

I cut random pieces of patterned paper to the size of the apertures, distressed the edges then inked with black soot distress ink.

I stamped my images using black archival ink then stuck the pieces of paper in to the apertures with a small amount of glossy accents.

My pretty pin up girl was stamped three times on to white cardstock and decoupaged with silicone glue. I highlighted the hair, lips, dress and shoes with promarkers to give the effect of a tinted photo.

My lock and key were coloured with inka gold - the key was originally a bronze colour and didn't fit with my theme.

All the elements were stuck down with Claudine Hellmuths matte medium.

Have fun if you manage to grab a cute little house to alter :D

Hugs'n'snogs,

Julie xx


3 comments:

  1. Wow Julie this is amazing i wish you would do a class x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Goes to prove that these things can look just as stunning with a bare minimum of trinkets.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo cute! I want a "cute little house to alter!" hahaha.
    xx from LA :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx