Thursday 28 April 2011

Mad hatter shrine


Well this started life as a plain wooden shrine frame which I coloured with Tim Holtz broken china distress stain - ooooohhh these babies are so cool :D the colour is so intense and it works lovely on raw wood like this :D

Now you might be thinking the dabber top is a little bit big to fit around the detailed areas?well your right! so all I did was squeeze some of the stain on to my non-stick craft mat and painted it on with a paint brush :D

When it was completely dry I glued on the pieces of my Alice book I wanted to use with Claudines matte mediumand inked lighlty with the stain.

I added stamped Alice images with black archival ink randomly all over the frame, then highlighted the edges with viva decor inka gold.

Now for a bit of alchemy - my metal charms were all silver so I brushed on more inka gold to change the colour, which I also did with my resin keyhole :D

The Mad hatter image was coloured with promarkers and distress ink pads.

I added a key on a screw in eyelet then added some distress stickles.

All the embellies were stuck on the matte medium - its amazing as a glue as nothing budges!! Ihad my reservations when Ifirst tried it as its so light it doesn't feel like it will do anything but its just so strong!!

The embellies I added to my i-pod cover are still rock solid and it gets plenty of abuse in my bag LOL :D

Are you all ready for the royal wedding??

I'm really looking forward to seeing the event and most of all can't wait to see the dress :D

Hugs'n'regal snogs,

Julie xx

2 comments:

  1. Interesting piece Julie - looks like you've been enjoying your playtime.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx