Thursday 5 August 2010

Whats your tipple??


I picked up these cute china decanter labels from a chairty shop that have a litle floral deisgn around the edge and the spirits name in the middle.
I did think of leaving gin on one then I could just hold it up at the bar when I wear it :D but then thought that might look quite bad LOL :D
I coated them with clear gesso all over so that the flowers were still visible, then covered over the wording with white gesso.
When dry I inked them with my distress ink pads and stamped images in black archival ink.

I smothered them with versamark and gave them a coat of utee which I heated with my heat gun. While hot I sprinkled in more utee then sprinkled in Tim Holtz distress powders and cosmic shimmer embossing powder.
On the "Exist" one I stamped a butterfly stamp in to the hot utee to leave a de-bossed image, then highlighted it with a light dusting of perfect pearls.

I coated my metal embellies in versamark ink then dipped them in to my TH distress powders and heated.
Last but not least I added some bling and buttons to finish the pendants :D


I hope you like my altered items as much as I do, now do I sell or keep??? LOL :D

Hugs'n'snogs,
J xx

8 comments:

  1. Ooooooo, the birdie one is lovely (well both are but that is my fav) Really pretty Julie.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing find in the first place but you have made them gorgeous!

    Still chuckling at you holding a gin label up to the bar man *g* Good if you get a bit tipsy and start slurring your words :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you made them look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both lovely. I'm forever rummaging around charity shops but never seem to spot things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! such a great idea! and the colours are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with those. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a good idea - what a beautiful transformation x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great charity shop find, love what you did with them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx