Saturday 28 August 2010

So I say.........


........... thankyou for the Inspiration........ Tim Holtz, whos creativeness has inpired me beyond belief :D This is a necklace I have made from grungeboard shapes for this weeks Simon says stamp and show challenge :D

I painted the grunge with a gold metallic acrylic paint to begin with, then stamped the wings with a Basic Grey stamp in black arcgival ink
I tinted the images with promarkers then coated the whole thing with Claudine Hellmuths matte medium.
When dry I gave them a light brush with pearl coloured perfect pearls.
I inked the heart with salmon pink and ginger alcohol ink, then stamped a prima stamp in a brown promarker then with black archival ink, then coated in Ranger sepia accents.I added some prima lace to the heart then punched holes to add the charms and other embellies - mostly from cheap jewellery.
I coated a grungeboard keyhole in a thick coat of bronze croco paint and blasted with my heat gun, then highlighted the texture with Viva decor inka gold, added some brads and used the glossy accents to glue on to the heart.

The crown is a Melissa Frances applique which I highlighted with the inka gold then dropped on some ginger alcohol ink and left to dry.
I then attached it to the heart with glossy accents.I punched a hole on both wings and set eyelets, then threaded through some vintage lace.
And Voila, one very Tim-esque choker/necklace :D
Heres a few close ups :D
If you lurvvvvee Timmys style why not visit Simon says stamp and show and enter their weekly challenge :D

Thanks for looking :D

Hugs'n'snogs,

J xx

17 comments:

  1. cor yummy julie....never thought of making jewellery from GB :) Love it....btw there is a little award for you on my bloggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH THE DISTRESS-0-LISCIOUSNESS of this piece....OMW...I'm still shaking my head!
    thanks bunches for playin' along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooooo! Amazing! Fantastic! Really WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow very creative

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is stunning.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally awesome!!

    The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week- Thank you!

    Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How different and amazing this is. well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this! Very creative, and all the textures, oh my! Totally cool! Thanks for joining the SSSS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeously beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not that is a gorgeous necklace! How brilliant of you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fan frickin tastic, i love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, wow, wow, that is stunningly gorgeous, I love it
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, that's absolutely fabulous!!!! Love it heaps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZER! Totally stunning..sooooo much detail. How incredible.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How gorgeous - teriffic job. Thanks for the TH inspiration! Kris, Wadsworth, OH

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fancy!! I love the different metal pieces!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx