Thursday 13 August 2009

I'm so narked!!!!

nothing to do with scrapping though!! LOL

I am a member of a camping forum and the inverted snobbery is beyond a joke!
There is a big hoohaa about people using windbreaks - because it creates barracades, isn't pleasing to the eye, and acts as a claimingof territory tool.
Utter tosh!we have a windbreak and use it to 1. keep the wind out 2. shelter the cooker 3. offer some privacy at times.

This was my post :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm a sociable camper and love interacting with other campers, but sometimes you need some time to yourself.
We camped once and got talking to a couple, whilst our burgers where on the BBQ, by the time we had finished we had charcoal for tea.

This weekend we were opposite a first time camper on his own. We had no issue with him coming to chat, playing with the dog, sitting with us in the evening AND we had a windbreak up!!! many people came to visit the dog, people admired the windbreak, I even picked a little girl up when she fell off her bike and walked her back to her tent.

The guy we met was a londoner and he couldn't believe how friendly and helpful everybody was.

We don't tell anybody else how to camp, why should you?

You wouldn't go to somebodys hotel room and tell them off for not unpacking, or leaving the loo seat up! Everybody has a right to enjoy their holiday as they want to and nobody has a right to tell them what to do if they are in their alloted space unless its the site owner.


oopsie - when is my ban coming LOL

hugs'n'narky snogs

Jxx

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Julie. Have been a caravaner and camper in the past I fully understand the uses that a windbreak can have - many coastal sites can be a tad blowy even on the sunniest of days.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you made your point Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx