Saturday 7 September 2019

Sleepy moongirl...

Ooooo I’ve been a little bit busy with my artwork since my last post, but i’ll start with this little moongirl


When I got back in to crafting last year I watched some demos and treated myself to a second hand gelliplate... when it arrived I just didn’t really know what to do with it so it sat in a drawer for quite some time.

Then I did an online Jane Davenport workshop and realised you could use far more than acrylic paint on them... in fact you can use pretty much anything on them including mica powders.

So I had a play, and added Jane Davenport Mineral eyes palette pastels to my plate through the lovely Paige Taylor Evans star stencil using a sponge (pounced on to get plenty of powder).
Then I brayered very light layers of acrylic paint.
The reveal is like magic, you never quite know what you will lift off, especially if you don’t clean it like me lol.
The really fab thing is the colour of the mica seems to intensify and the acrylic locks it in.




The image was hand drawn by myself and coloured using Jane Davenport colorsticks, then outlined with uniball pinliners 
The stars are JD die cuts.






If you haven’t tried gelliplates I highly recommend getting one and giving it a try, its so much fun. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx