Wednesday 23 February 2011

Batik Bridie canvas fun :D


Don't you just love finding new ways to use products you already have??

I do anyway :D

I saw Tim Holtz demo this technique at the weekend and was desperate to have a go :D


I cut a piece of Claudine's sticky backed canvas to the rough size I wanted, peeled the backing off and stuck it to my non stick craft mat.

I then took a very small amount of Claudine's multi matte medium and spread it on to another piece of the craft mat.

I coated my chosen stamp in the medium by swizzing it around on the mat until i hadan even coat,then stamped on to the canvas

Make sure you clean your stamp immediately as the medium won't come off your stamp once dry!!!

I gave the canvas a quick blast with my heatgun to make sure it was dry,then started inking with my distress inks.

Once you have the effect you want take a slightly damp cloth and wipe over the stamped image and the ink will be removed from the medium. As its a matte finish you can't see it on the canvas and it looks like batik fabric.

044

I painted a piece of chipboard with Tim Holtz Crackle paint, blasted with my heat gun then highlighted the cracks with more distress ink.

I then stamped over it with black archival inks and added a quite on an extra inked piece of canvas

When dry I added distress stickles and spritzed with cosmic shimmer mist .

For the hanger I took a piece of american seam binding and coloured it with my distress ink by squishing the ink on my non-stick mat, spritzing with water, then rubbing the binding in the ink, crumpling up, an d drying with my heat gun.

I punched holes with my cropadile,threaded the binding through and tied it in a knot behind the chipboard.

Add some distress stickles and a few metal charms coloured with alcohol inks and your done:D

040

How fun is that???

Now of you go to play :D

Hugs'n'snogs,

Julie xx


7 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful Julie.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fab! Great technique x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project, must give that a try sometime :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it worked. what a fabby technique and the results speak for themself

    Love dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh YUM! YOu make me wanna go play myself:)
    Bernie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx