Saturday 17 July 2010

My totally cheating Tiramisu recipe :D

.... as featured on the Bubbly Scrumptious blog :D

Ok, I have to admit that isn't my perfect tiramisu - my presentation is a little bit less tidy LOL :D

My hubby asked me to make a Tiramisu for him to take in to work because all the other wives/partners are sending in beautifully created home made cakes - I don't bake!!!! LOL :D

This is a really easy cheaty recipe that I think I picked up on a Safeway leaflet many moons ago, which always goes down well at family parties :D

This will make a good family trifle dish sized dessert.

You will need -

1 x 300 ml of double cream

1 x tin of ready made custard (low fat if you want to be good LOL )

1x supermarket size carton of Mascarpone

2x packets of trifle sponges - I prefer the cake type ones rather than the fingers but thats up to you

1/2 pint of strong coffee cooled with a good slug of brandy in ( I use hubbys best Remy LOL)

dark chocolate to decorate

  • First make your coffee and brandy so that it has time to cool.
  • Cut up the trifle sponges in to small slices
  • Put the custard, cream and mascarpone in a bowl and use a whisk to mix well together
  • grate, slice or curl your chocolate ready to decorate
  • cover the bottom of your bowl with a layer of the sponge and spoon on the coffee
  • spoon on a layer of the creamy mix and add a little chocolate if you wish
  • continue layering until you run out then decorate with the chocolate

Hope you like it, and don't blame me for the extra inches it might add!!!! LOL

AND I have a little announcement :D I am going to be a guest designer at the Pink Booby 5 Golborne 24 hr crop in aid of Cancer research on 9th/10th October :D

If anybody is interested in going please contact PinkMarigold1@hotmail.co.uk for details :D

Its £10 for a day pass and £25 for the all nighter :D


Hugs'n'snogs,

Julie xx

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh one of my favourite desserts and it sounds so easy to do. Thank you.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done on the GD spot!
    The receipe looks scrummy- might need to give that a go at some stage. Thanks for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh....I LOVE tiramisu! This one sounds really good. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gawd Tiramisu is one of my favourites. Now if you post a carrot cake recipe my Slimming World diet will really be stuffed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx