Wednesday 19 June 2019

My epic Art Journal for BubblyFunk

Ok, so i’m having a few tech issues with my phone and blogger so I think I will split this super long post over a couple of days  to make it easier and so you don’t fall asleep half way through!!!

So Caroline sent me this awesome kit wayyyyyy back in January and I loved it!!!
I’m mot really a journal person and have never managed to keep a diary longer than a week in my whole life lol.
I was so inspired just by the colours on that first file folder with the days of the week and had this grand master plan to keep the whole thing really simple and clean looking with painted acrylic pages embellished with the lovely bits of teresa collins papers and a few Aall & Create stamped images...

I knew I had some old acrylic paints that would compliment the colours in them so dug them out and wopped some on...
Then It kinda didn’t happen like that as my brayer, acrylic paints, gesso, babywipes, and stamps decided to take over the project!!!



So I used a selection of my Aall &create stamps and used gesso to get a lovely black crisp image on the painted surfaces... the plan was still in place at this point.




It was the brayer that led me astray!!!
Unfortunately I didn’t take pics through these stages ( or if I did they didn’t transfer over from my old phone which decided to take a swim in the loo 😳😕... that was the most expensive visit to the loo I have paid!!! Thank goodness for Icloud!!!)
What happened with the brayer was layers of various acrylic paints were brayered over the stamped images then lifted back off through Bubblyfunk stencils.

It all came out spectacularly grungey and not at all what I was 
really aiming for but I fell in love with the pages.



I stamped some complimentary images from my Aall & create stamps onto mixed media cardstock and roughly but lightly coloured them with my derwent inktense pencils.
If you haven’t tried these yet you really must!!! They are simply
 amazeballs!!

The colours are so vibrant when you add water and when dry are permanant.




I must admit I had to take a while off at this point... firstly to come to terms with the change in the project... secondly because I fell
 out with my black inkpad because I couldn’t get the nice crisp black images I wanted... and thirdly because we were having some work done on the house and life got in the way of crafting!
For quite a while I could’t even get in my craft room (or clutter corner as my other half likes to call it lol) and to be honest its still not tidy at all and ends up a dumping ground.

Does anybody also end up crafting in a 6” square left on the desk full of equipment or is that just me???

I have to admit my tonic glass craft mat is one of the best things I have ever bought and got it for a really good price at The Range online.

Oh and the fourth hurdle was I developed a Marvel addiction!!!! Oh my... I really don’t know how I missed these films over the last decade or so but it ended up with me having to watch all 20 movies (a few times over for a few faves - I am Groot 🤣) so that I could go and watch Avengers End game and understand it lol -wow what a movie that was... Stan Lee I salute you!!!

So at this point we will take a break and i’ll continue this epic saga in seperate posts.
So in Marvel style... This Vintage girl will return soon....

Hugs’n’snogs,
J xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx