Thursday 4 July 2019

The page that got away... almost!!!


The page that got away has found its purpose 😊



So it was already painted green and totally dry seeing as it has sat under a pile of clutter on my desk since feb lol.

I had lots of chipboard shapes and left over bits from my art journal kit so I started by sticking all but the butterfly down and painted them the same colour.



I then glued on lots of little glass beads, microbeads and some gems i found in my stash and gave the whole thing a blitz with picket fence distress spray.

It was all sprinkled with 13arts rainbow colours and misted... be very sparing with these.... that pigment is super strong and comes through other layers lol...
To knock it back again i added more distress spray and heat dried it so it stopped wicking.


The butterfly was painted with pink acrylic paint and I dug out a really old tub of TH crackle paint... well it’s more like paste now its that old!!!

When it was dry I added a little bit more colour with my inktense pencils, added some shadows with a bit of black soot distress ink and my waterbrush, and highlighted some of the edges with my white posca.



The body of the butterfly isa pencil from that well known Swedish home decor place .
When everything was dry I added a touch of rock candy distress stickles (do they still make this??? Its my absolute fave and my bottle is nearly empty!!!)
And finished off with a splash of white posca pen.


Not bad for left overs eh lol 😊

Hugs’n’snogs,
J xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx